Thursday, February 22, 2024

Your Body is a Temple - Part One


Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV


I've recently been reading chapter 6 of 1 Corinthians for other reasons, but because my previous post was about the Holy Spirit, this seemed like an appropriate scripture for my next post. At 75, my temple has suffered abuse and is not in the shape it should be, had I taken better care of it. When we're young and active we can get by with some things that we pay for as we age, at least if we continue to subject our bodies to those abuses.


In my case, I paid with a heart attack almost two and a half years ago. I was overweight and had high cholesterol and high triglycerides. One stent later and prescription drugs for cholesterol and high blood pressure and I'm still struggling to lose weight. But I was recently introduced to books by Dr. Don Colbert on the Keto Zone Diet, and by following his plan I'm slowly starting to lose weight. He stated that gluttony was one of the biggest culprits when it comes to being overweight or obese.


I never considered myself to be a glutton but a person does not have to be one to abuse their body with food. All you have to do is follow the Standard American Diet (SAD). Isn't that an appropriate acronym? Conviction can come from the mirror, the scale, or comments from other people, however, when it comes to defiling our temple, the Holy Spirit is also ready to convict us of any and all abuses. Since these two verses are packed with a lot of things to consider, it's going to require multiple posts to cover it like it needs to be covered, hence Part One in the title.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feeling like I better get busy….again

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated so any that are deemed inappropriate will be deleted before they ever see the light of day.